Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A few updates

I haven't updated my blog in a few weeks, so I thought I would throw some interesting things in here (interesting to my life anyway!) about what we've been doing lately.
1. Handed out my last two homeless roadside kits yesterday. Two men were standing in the same area by PetSmart holding a sign. One walked away because apparently the police had been giving them a hard time for doing this (that's what one of the guys said anyway).
2. I reconnected with a dear friend this week and it was sweet.
3. Our house church family met at my house last Sunday and it was really good! I'm excited about what God is doing and what He has in store for the future!
4. I get to spend my weekdays with the most AMAZING girl in the world! (She is laying her head on my lap as I type this.) While we still have tons of "toddler mini-traumas" and I do get frustrated at times, I am most often reminded that I am extremely blessed to be able to share my days with this incredible person! She makes me laugh and wonder and be in the moment.
5. My computer may crash at any time. It has been experiencing symptoms like: black out screen, locking up, not coming back on, and moving incredibly slow. Therefore, I am making efforts to get my information off and on to storage. I haven't uploaded any pics/videos, which is HARD for me. I haven't even broken into my new camera because I feel that I need to take care of the computer issues before anything else. Highly time consuming.
6. MOPS @ FBC and Mom2Mom @ HPC are both going well. At times I do feel like I am very busy volunteering and that I'm not paying attention to the RELATIONSHIPS and OPPORTUNITIES that God puts along my path. That stings, and I need to pray more about what the future could mean. I just LOVE everything I'm involved in.
7. Both of the boys are doing good in school. One has straight A's. One has shown great effort and improvement. They are both playing Upward basketball and games start Saturday.
8. Shadee is doing great, she must be completely recovered because she is acting normal. She really needs to go to the dog salon and get a bath though, because the ones I give her just don't work long term.
9. Psalm 122. Peace is more than just the absence of conflict.

No comments: