Thursday, December 23, 2010

I had planned to send out a beautiful Holiday greeting. Cheerful. Pictures. Joyous. Wishing you, my one reader of this blog, a wonderful holiday season.

But I can't. I'm sorry.

The truth is that in the past (most of my past) when I am ever in a place such as this, I would hide. I would avoid. I would not answer my phone. I would not say yes to anything and I would cancel all that I'd planned.

Because no one should want to be with me or near me while I am in this not so pleasant place to be in. No one would want to be near this.

But I'm not so strong as I have always thought myself to be.

I think I'm on the mend. But I cannot move a step forward without holding firmly to the One I love, who knows the place I'm in, who only understands where I've been. But sometimes I'm too weak even to hold on. So, I'm asking you to pray that He will show me again and again that He is strong enough and will hold me.

Thank you and God bless.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

:( I'll be praying for you, x

Beth said...

Your honesty is inspiring. Most would not admit to being in a sad or dark place (I know I don't when I am there). I usually handle things the same way that you do (avoidance) but I have a hard time reaching out to others with my need for prayer.

I will pray for your Him to be your strength and continue to hold you in love today and every day.

God bless you.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear you've been feeling down, Jenna. This Christmas may the light of Christ penetrate your darkness, and may He meet you even in your darkest places. Merry Christmas!

jenna said...

Thank you for praying.