Sunday, January 2, 2011

Some random things:

1) About a week and a half ago I stopped by the bathroom mirror and noticed a dusting on the top of my head. I couldn't fathom what I'd gotten into. A closer look revealed that gray hairs were attacking in full force.
2) Enlisting my brother's girlfriend's help, we tried to attack back, but it was a feeble attempt, although fortunately she did have a clue as to what we were doing, and it came out much better than if I had tried solo.
3) I probably saved $70 by cutting (4 inches) my hair myself and her coloring it for me ($2) nevertheless.
4) I spent last week in Arkansas. Overall, it was a good trip.
5) New Years Resolutions? Not really, but here are a few things that come to my mind that I have been wanting to focus on:
--attempt to attend every birthday party/shower/party that we are invited to and able to attend
--check in every other day or so with an online fitness website such as SparkPeople.com (I know from experience this can be an incredible help) and post physical activity
--homemaking
There are a lot more things I am thinking about, of course. But I don't think it wise to overwhelm myself. I'm not really resolving to do the above things either. I'm just considering focusing on them and it sort of helps to type them out.
6) New Providence Indoor Aquatic Center opens this coming Saturday, January 8th.

These past few weeks have been quite challenging for me, but I feel I am being led through it. These verses comes to my mind: In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation.
-and-
We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.

Happy New Year. May your 2011 be immensely blessed.

No comments: