Wednesday, March 12, 2008

What I said:

Did I just type this very morning that I like when things don't go quite as I expected them? Well...I guess God wanted to bless me even more today then! Because I locked Brielle and myself out of the house this afternoon! I'd been wanting to go for walks since she was born, and today seemed perfect, but I knew if I didn't force myself to go, I wouldn't go. So, we rushed right out the house in determination to get a fresh breath of air in this upper 60 degree weather. And of COURSE I grabbed my keys! Duh! I needed the stroller out of the truck. So, off we went, and a nice walk we did have. Then, upon arriving home I realized that I had taken off the house key the previous evening to give to Will, since we'd accidently locked him out on our way to the Reading Fair. I looked at my cell phone. 1 1/2 hours until Josh got out of school with a key. No way. No money, no ID, no debit card, nowhere to even go. I had to break in. I was going to jump the back porch, but realized that once I got up there if the back door was locked, I'd have a hard time figuring out how to get back down. I didn't want to break a window either. So I decided to clean off the porch; it had been bugging me for a while anyway. Brielle watched me, from her car seat. I set up a chair in each shaded corner of the porch, found a broom to semi-sweep up, and found a blanket to spread over my pool chair just in time to feed her. I did all these things AND came up with a list of more things I could do:

I could: pray
check the mail
look at the ABC Distrubuting catalog I got in the mail
consider switching to VISA for a 0% interest
active my rebate card
feed brielle some more
change her diaper in the back of the suv (I keep a spare diaper bag back there)
clean out the suv
roll brielle around in the stroller again
pray some more

It wasn't bad at all, and I enjoyed parts of it, until I had to go to the bathroom really bad, and I was super hungry for lunch. So I just drove to Josh's school to get his key when he got out. I was just glad it was a nice day, and not so bad to be forced to be outside in it.

No comments: