Saturday, March 15, 2008

MOPS


Well, I went to my first MOPS (Mother of Preschoolers) group last Thursday. I had NO idea what to expect, and I certainly hadn't intended on leaving Brielle in the nursery. But, I had a wild and crazy notion, and I just dropped her off. I thought about how for the past 10 years I have stood (basically) on the other side of that gate, accepting children into my care. Now, here I am actually handing my little one over. And though I felt a little nervous the whole time and wanted to go check on her (and afraid the pager they had given me didn't work!), there were parts that I actually enjoyed and I felt a little bit of freedom. Needless to say, we were very happy to see each other again! And we both did fine. I think I made some new acquantinces and I even enjoyed the parenting tips from the preacher guy who has two boys also. All in all it was a success and I plan to return as soon as I figure out how much it costs.

Tonight I'm planning on getting some scrapbooking done (I'll let you know how that goes!). I'm going to ScrappinEverAfter.

No comments: