Sunday, May 11, 2008

The momma in all of us

Tonight at our church group meeting we each wrote down a few descriptive words (our kids did this too) that depicted what we would have wanted our “mom” to have done or been for us when we were pre-teens. The words were so thought-provoking for me, as a mom to two tweens, that I thought I would share. I am reminded that one does not have to be an actual “mom” to mother the people (young or old) that come into our lives. We can ask God to give us these same qualities that we desired at such transitional times in our lives, so that we can have and share them with people who come into ours.
They are:
patient
thoughtful
explanatory
inquisitive
open-minded
sincere
forgiving
caring
loving
encouraging
fun
generous
thankful
kind
adventurous
loving
selfless
unconditionally loving
trusting
crazy
strong
nice
listening
relational
nice
giving of quality time
singing
acting
not too worried about me
encouraging to pursue dream
nice/welcoming to my friends

No comments: