Sunday, May 25, 2008

SUMMER CHOP


Okay, well I had it all chopped off. I went to Eden Day Spa, where a former preschool student’s sweet family had previously graced me with a gift certificate to. What a wonderful experience!!!
First of all Will & the baby went with me, because Will didn’t want to get stuck at the house with the baby for hours upon hours (I had to pick up the boys afterwards, who were spending their morning planting in the community garden). So, I turned on some fun music on my ride there and was excited about it. A nice young girl greeted me and led me to the garden room, where the air felt clean and I enjoyed some relaxing music while I looked out through the glass doors/windows to the garden area which had flowers and water flowing over rocks. She brought me some water with lemon, and I almost believed there was something in that water that totally relaxed every tense nerve in my body! The couch was extremely comfortable and I thought I could just fall asleep. But just as I was considering that thought Jamie came to get me and was very excited about cutting my hair, or giving me a whole new look, as she called it. Everyone in the salon was full of energy, which was a stark contrast to the garden room. That was good, because I needed some excitement about the big CHOP. Jamie sat down and talked with me about what I wanted. She said I would be able to donate it to Locks of LOVE which made it seem all the sweeter. It was motivational that another lady there was donating her hair too, and that everyone was enthusiastic about these makeovers. It was a lot of fun.
I have to get used to my new look (or my new “feel” rather). My long hair had been causing me a lot of headaches, (which made the mint smelling massage that Jamie gave me feel FANTASTIC) and Brielle kept getting caught in it. I actually enjoyed that though, even though it sometimes hurt. I will miss her grabbing hold of it and pulling me close. But even the next day, I can’t say that I’ve regretted it…even if it didn’t style as easily for me as it did for Jamie. That’s how it always works though, doesn’t it?
At least it’s shorter; less for me to worry about for awhile. And, I'm sure there wasn't a better place to go to get a haircut, especially of this drastic nature!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I love the new look. It really looks good on you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm so excited to see it. Yay, I love it in the picture! -Amanda R.

jami and chuck said...

i love it!! you look so beautiful!!!