Friday, September 12, 2008

Cloth Diapering Experience: Day One


I’m getting quicker and better at changing the cloth every hour. That would be because I have to changer her every hour (or more than). By 11am I felt like we’d done nothing but change ten diapers. By 3pm, we had actually changed fourteen. I say “we,” but I really mean “I” because Will is having nothing to do with changing the cloth. Since the plan is to use disposables when we are out and overnight, he’s fortunately got a supply to change her into if he has to be the one to change her.
At 10am on this first day I was already scraping off the poo into the toilet. It was not as bad as you’d think. Okay, maybe it was. But it didn’t bother me much. In fact, dunking it in the swirling waters of the toilet brought back memories of when I was seven and my baby brother was in cloth. Nostalgia.
She is getting a rash though. It may be the detergent, I’m going to look into that.
By 5pm I was excited that we were leaving for football practice and our “date night” just so I could put a disposable on her. This is hard work!!!

No comments: