Thursday, July 14, 2011

7/14/11

Today is my first day home - to stay at home all day - in what feels like weeks. Once every couple of weeks my whole family sleeps under one roof. The next day, someone leaves to spend a week with their grandparents in Arkansas. It alternately feels hectic and then lacking. Routine gets boring for me, but I wish now that I had some semblance of it. Is semblance a word? It just came out of nowhere. I try to keep a routine of waking up early and jogging. One day last week I was jogging and just kept going - two miles straight - and I thought, "who am I?" There was a time that waking up that early just seemed so unreasonable...and that my 1.8 mile walk seemed long. Now it still sometimes feels less than desirable to wake up - but when I get out there I love it! The cooler breeze, the birds singing, no traffic, and the best - the rising sun! I pray, for as long as I feel necessary, and then I put my ear buds in and jog. Now that jog is looking more like a run, but it's taking some time. It's a journey, and I've found that carving out these mornings in this way helps me to think, to breathe, to learn something about myself and God. Sometimes it is better than others, but it's always worth it.
Today I am baking bread - Honey Wheat Buns - in the bread machine.
I've also been working on my necklaces. I'm excited that I have an order that I didn't even advertise for. I've been praying a lot -- asking God to show me where it is He wants me to spend my energy the most...and how OR what would I do to give Him the glory most. There are so many friends that I want to spend time with, and so many things I want to do around my house (clean out projects & makeovers) or with my hobbies (writing, crafting, marketing, maybe selling) but I don't know how my time should be most wisely spent.
And that is just my free time...because I'm committed to a few things too. LOL
1) My family, of course
2) Missional Intentional Neighborhood Community (this is just starting off)
3) MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) - as Audio/Visual gal
These wonderful things are already absorbing enough of my time right now.
God, show me how to let go of the things that are less important and raise up the things that are. Help me to recognize that just taking time to play outside with my kids could be the single most important thing I do all day, or giving my husband a shoulder massage, or calling a dear friend...even if we haven't spoken in awhile. Prepare me for each divine occasion of Your choosing- and to greet it with the same zeal and love as that of greeting You each morning as I run into Your glorious artwork that we call the Sunrise.

No comments: