Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Chocolate Eclair Recipe

I made this dessert for MOPS last Thursday and a friend asked me for the recipe. Since I got the recipe off of the label on the Whipped Topping, I had to type it out for her. (ha! effort! no copying & pasting!) So, that my "effort" could go even further, I thought I'd post this yummy recipe here. It's too simple and if you use low fat milk and Light whipped topping, I'm sure it would be a lot healthier too!

Chocolate Eclair

1 box 3.5 oz vanilla instant pudding
1 box 3.5 oz chocolate instant pudding
3 cups milk16 oz whipped topping (thawed)
1 box (16 oz) graham crackers
1 tub (16 oz) chocolate frosting

Mix each pudding with 1 1/2 c milk. Fold 8ox of whipped topping into each pudding. In a 9'' x 13" glass pan, layer graham crackers, 1/2 vanilla pudding mixture, more crackers, 1/2 chocolate pudding mixture, crackers, remaining vanilla pudding, crackers and remaining chocolate pudding. Top with layer of crackers and frost with chocolate frosting (which I microwaved for 30 seconds and stirred well). Refrigerate. Best if made 8 hours before serving. Refrigerate any leftovers.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Oooh, I've tried this recipe too. It's one of our favorites. Richie is a huge Boston Creme Pie fan, but I haven't found a recipe for his purist tastes, but this does a nice job of satisfying his cravings :)